CaseyHan (now FrahmaHan) Award: Jaime Frahm
Hall of Fame page updated!
Where: Wimberly Fields Park 4000 NE 3rd Ave, Oakland Park, FL 33334
When: Dec 17th, 9 AM
The stage is set for BUL’s largest playoff tournament yet. 6 teams enter, 1 takes the crown. Aquaholics and Greytest Team Ever have locked up 1st round byes. Here’s the following rules for finals:
Quarters: 90 min (soft at 75, hard at 85) games to 11. 1 TO per half, no floater. No TO in hard/soft cap
Semis: 105 min (soft at 85, hard 100) games to 13. 1 TO per half, 1 floater. No TO in hard cap
Finals: Game to 15 (no caps unless commish intervention on unbearably long game). 1 TO per half, 1 floater
I will bring my camera equipment so make sure to smile for the camera.
It’s been another great season. We should have some incredible weather. Thanks for playing and lets go out with a BANG!
CBS4 will be doing a “Moving You” segment on ultimate frisbee. If you’d like to be on TV, be at wimberly at 10 am. Games will start at 10:30 am this weekend to accommodate anyone who’d like to participate.
Greytest Team Ever vs Red Wedding
Grey is embattled in a tight race finish top 2 and secure a 1st round bye for playoffs. Red Wedding is just plain out for blood, looking to salvage a season, find their chemistry and ready to make some upsets during the post season. It’s a classic tale of 2 teams. Grey has height, attendance, and the wins; Red is short, savage and hungry to a win. Grey wants the win, Red needs the win. #TeamRed
Prediction: Red Wedding 15, Greytest Team Ever 13
Pumpkin Spice Life vs Fat Jimi & the Backstreet Boyz
Orange owned this match up week 1 but will be without Edwin and Cawley who flew the coop to Colorado. Fat Jimi will be without top draft picks Travis and Robbie. This is really anyones game right here. The late Canes game in the ACC Championship will most likely lead to both teams fielding massive hangovers. In that situation, I believe the green team can hold and handle their liquor better than orange. Advantage green.
Prediction: Fat Jimi & the Backstreet Boyz 14, Pumpkin Spice Life 11
Smirnoff Ice Dragons vs Aquaholics
The last time these 2 teams met it ended on universe. I don’t expect any different in this game of the week. Both teams are playing excellent ultimate and its a coin flip on who’s going to take it. For me personally I just want chaos of 4 teams at 4-2 heading into seeding determinations so I’m rooting for white.
Prediction: Smirnoff Ice Dragons 15, Aquaholics 14
Fat Jimi & the Backstreet Boyz vs Aquaholics
This should be a slugfest clash of the titans type battle. Misha vs Travis, Kumi vs Megan, Looney vs Brad, Rachel vs Rie, Frank vs Mike, Robbie vs the Smiths, Jimi vs Zaxby’s all you can eat chicken tender combo… etc. It’s hard to pick against Misha but I think green pulls it out here. As the season winds down, and with a playoff 1st round bye, I think green turns it on here and shows that the blue team and bleed. Blue has skirted by with 2 universe point wins this season, I think their luck ends here.
Prediction: Fat Jimi & the Backstreet Boyz 15, Aquaholics 13
Red Wedding vs Pumpkin Spice Life
Is this the week the red team puts it together? Playing near savage every game doesn’t help, but it has emboldened the players who do show up with more confidence due to the high touch count every player is forced upon. PSL is just one of those team-centric defensive minded teams that will just wear you down with their faceless army approach. While the odds seem stacked against red, I’m still placing all my chips on red and seeing where the roulette wheel lands.
Prediction: Red Wedding 15, Pumpkin Spice Life 14
Smirnoff Ice Dragons vs Greytest Team Ever
In the game of the week, this is a battle for absolute control of 2nd place. The Ice Dragons come into this game hot looking to rally behind their injured teammate. Corey Whittaker once again proved to be a masterful draft tactician, finding incredible value in players even late into the draft. That depth will hopefully come in handy as they face a hot streaking grey team. This game will prove to be a slugfest for the ages, but I think the Ice Dragons have just a bit more depth at the handler spot and better defenders in the air to take down grey.
Prediction: Smirnoff Ice Dragons 15, Greytest Team Ever 12
Written by: The Three-Cup Raven (Yehuda)
Even though we are in the early weeks of Fall 2017 BUL season, the lord of light has shined his fiery glow upon us all and commanded that we formally complete a write up discussing each Teams Game of Thrones Spirit Characters. I mean….this is “ A game of throws”.
And yes…I said spirit character.
Much like the more common spirit animals, a spirit character is the embodiment of the teams traits and skill sets. Now I’ve have spent countless hours praying to the old gods and the new gods trying to find the perfect fit for each team, so here we go.
Green vs. White
Fat Jimi and the Backstreet Boyz
Spirit Character– Petyr Baelish “Littlefinger”
- This team was a tough team to characterize. It was a back and forth between Ramsay and Baelish, but ultimately, I felt that no team deserves to have the spirit of Ramsay. Looney ( The two-time spirit award winner) has made it clear that he will no longer accept being a spirit award winner. As such, much like Littlefinger, he has been working behind the scenes manipulating the draft board to his advantage ( How else could he have landed two Cannons Players). His dominos are all in place and he is ready to let them fall. Come playoff time, there is no doubt they will be in contention.
Smirnoff Ice Dragons
Spirit Character– The Targaryens
- It’s been a tough road for White with both of their games decided on universe point. But, if there is any team that can bring together the south florida ultimate kingdoms, it would be white. These mothers of dragons are loaded from top to bottom. Corey, with his khaleesi by his side, has drafted a careful mix of wily unsullied’ and dothrakis to his roster. Each hard fought battle is making this team grow stronger. They will be a force to reckon with come playoffs…unless they figure out they slept with their nephew. A fitting spirit character for these vanilla colored fire breathers.
Prediction– Fire definitely wins this battle as white will rely on a collective effort to put away green. 15-13
Red vs. Grey
Spirit Characters– The Lannisters
- What spirit character is more fitting than the orchestrators of the Red Wedding. Shaun definitely sent his regards to the rest of league when he drafted this roster. So far red can’t be too happy with how the table has been set, but they are poised to turn over the table. Although red has struggled with two early losses, this team is built to cut the hearts out of their opponents week in and week out with dynamic cutters and tenacious D. With reds aspirations of ultimate glory hanging in the balance, they will stop at nothing to achieve their goals.
Greyest team ever
Captains– Elijah and Stacy
Spirit Characters– The Greyjoys
- No character in the GOT series has endured more agony and strife than poor Theon. And just like the former ward, Greyest will spend most of this season trying to find their identity. With limited handlers, this roster will have to dig deep and call upon people to play outside of their natural positions to get the disc moving. But at the end of the road, there will be redemption for Grey……ehhh……who am I kidding… we all know how their story will end 🙂
Prediction– Redemption for poor Theon won’t come today as Red will handle their business on the battlefield. 15-12
Pumpkin Spice Life
Captains– Lian and Tony
Spirit Characters– The Starks
- The north remembers…more like the south remembers with all the Miami talent on this team. Orange is like a swiss army knife when it comes to their talent. They have a line up to fit what each team will give them. Winter has finally arrived in the series, but come winter time and the playoffs, Orange will be ready to roll.
Spirit Character– Aegon Targaryen/Jon Snow
- Just like baby Aegon, Team blue was shunned at first. Yehuda has even been told IRL that “He knows nothing when it comes to ultimate drafting”, but look at them now. This team is destined for great things. Blue has had the ability to rally its troops to buy into teamwork and sacrifice for the greater good. Much like the true heir to the Iron Throne, Blue is a mix of Fire and Ice when they are on the field. They can burn you with their throws, or can chill the fiercest D-lines with their ability to control the disc.
- “ We are the watchers of the zone wall”
Prediction– Starks vs.Stark…Jon wins this one, but not without a fight. I smell another win on universe point for blue. 15-14
No game! Pool of water in the middle of wimberly!
Been super busy and sick. League is definitely on tomorrow. Forecast is for rain only on Saturday.
I will get to the fields early Sunday to assess Stevens for the gray/green game. If Stevens is unplayable I will make three 33×100 fields on wimberly. I personally think Stevens will be fine.
Please check the fb, the website and your captains for updates.
Jerseys are in and will be distributed to players who are paid up!
Edited by: Megan Grande
Red Wedding vs. Fat Jimi & the Backstreet Boyz
This will be another slugfest, as both teams are searching for their first win this season. Red Wedding will look to come off a painful universe point loss against Smirnoff Ice Dragons, while spirit captain Loony hopes to keep morale high after his team’s loss to Pumpkin Spice Life. On paper, this matchup seems pretty even. Travis/Langdon, Kumi/Gentry, Robbie/Mckelvey, Jaime/Alissa, Fioramonti/Strutz, and so on…The deciding factor in my opinion is that the Backstreet Boyz will still be missing Fat Jimi, who is in Iceland. Advantage Red.
Prediction: Red Wedding 15, Fat Jimi & the Backstreet Boyz 14
Pumpkin Spice Life vs. Greytest Team Ever
PSL will look to continue their run against the Greytest Team Ever but will encounter some adversity with Grey’s captain and big, Elijah Grady, returning this week. He will no doubt be a tall order to cover, but his penchant for staying behind to handle will mitigate some of the downfield havoc he could cause. The pivotal matchup will be seeing two peerless cutters in Lari and Stacy going head-to-head.
Prediction: Greytest Team Ever 13, Pumpkin Spice Life 11
Aquaholics vs. Smirnoff Ice Dragons
This contest between the two undefeated teams will be the game of the week! Smirnoff Ice Dragons showed that they could dig deep for a comeback universe win against Red Wedding last week. They will need to avoid going in the hole against Aquaholics because that team is relentless. If anyone can slow Mischa down, it’s Jet, and the Florida alum will definitely have his hands full. The dragons will need to be incredibly smart with how they handle their matchups, as this Aquaholics team is deep.
Prediction: Aquaholics 15, Smirnoff Ice Dragons 13